59 Maiden Lane, 34th Floor
New York City, NY 10031
For any questions relating to offender programs in the New York City Area, please contact Altagracia Jorge-Smith at AJorge-Smith@dot.nyc.gov or 212-839-4766.
- Resource Training & Counseling Center 917-620-6791
- STOP DWI Asian Community Alcoholism Addiction Counseling 718-445-0111
- New York City TASC, EAC Network
Staten Island 718-727-9722
- 1 day program http://www.vipny.org/
- First Steps - Manhattan and the Bronx 347-270-9623
- The Resource Training Center, 449 39th St., Brooklyn, NY, 718-441-1200, 718-871-7433
NYC STOP-DWI funded a DWI 2014 summer mural project for teens for the Groundswell Summer Leadership Institute. The teens worked with teaching artists to research, design, and fabricate a 20’ by 100’ mural on the wall of Food Bazaar Supermarket in Jackson Heights, Queens. Featuring responsible drinking, “Hit The Brakes on DWI and Choose The Right Path” uses positive reinforcement to encourage every member in the community to play their part in stopping DWI. The slogan “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” is presented in both English and Spanish, demonstrating the in-depth research youth participants conducted on the neighborhood’s demographics. NYC DOT invited a former DWI offender on probation to share his experience with the young muralists. His stories, involving personal transformation after seeing the suffering caused by unsafe driving, inspired the team to incorporate the process of rebirth in the mural. The mural was painted with the help of local community members and a community dedication ceremony was held on September 3rd. (A photo of the mural is attached).
- In partnership with New York City Council Member, NYC STOP-DWI distributed thousands of free metro cards to the public during the holiday season to encourage New Yorkers not to drive under the influence (see second photo attachment).
- NYC DOT has launched a new Get BAC NYC app for iphone users. The app helps people calculate their BAC level and find their way home safely via public transportation, taxi, or car service. The link to the app is: http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/?id=924505020.
New York City Area STOP-DWI encompasses Bronx, Kings, New York, Richmond and Queens Counties. However, there may be information specific to one or more counties but not all of them. For your convenience we have created the links below to assist you with information relative to a specific county. Click on the respective logo below to view information specific to that county.
To locate a VIP in your area you may contact:
- Queens: 718 441 1200
- NYC (LI Office) 631 547 6233
- Nassau: 516 571 1917